CHEM-FILM PER MIL-C-5541
Chem Film, sometimes called Alodine or Iridite, is a chemical conversion coating that is used to passivate aluminum. It protects aluminum substrates from corrosion and serves as a base for organic coatings while leaving dimensions unchanged. Chem Film is applied by dipping, spraying or brushing. It is sometimes applied alongside Type II Anodizing and can be used to repair minor damage to anodized surfaces. The resultant coating is dependent on the substrate condition and not intended for decorative use.
GOLD & CLEAR - ROHS COMPLIANT CLEAR
- Chem film per MIL-DTL-5541 Class 3 is electrically conductive. The best corrosion protection is provided by chem film perMIL-DTL-5541 Class 1A.
Chem Film Capabilities:
- Available Masking for Selective Surface Coating
- Salt Spray Corrosion Test per ASTM B117(minimum 168 hours of salt spray resistance)
- RoHS compliant Chem Film (MIL-DTL-5541 Type 2)
- Repair of anodized surfaces (per MIL-A-8625)
- Post chem film CARC primer and paint